Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pictures Again.

Pretties for Blog So…I missed a day, again. But one day last week, Tuesday or Wednesday, we went to visit Dru where he is working at his internship. It’s an office job above a coffee shop that has a large play area. The children thought it was grand. Wish it was closer to home, we’d be there more often.

IMG_1527

This was Wednesday or Thursday evening. We rediscovered this table outside. We’d used it quite a bit when we first moved. Last week we put a table cloth on it and the children started using it for their drawing projects. And this week it  has become kind of a “scrappy” area from time to time. Lots of little bits of paper all over the tile and such like from scissor and glue projects.

Pretties for Blog1

Friday morning we had Christmas again. From Marmee, a bit from Amber, and also from Marv and Bev Stutzman. We LOVED it. My favorite part was birds and snowflakes from my mom, I wanted to cry, it was so special. I’d wanted birds when I was in the States but never got around to getting any. Couldn’t justify it in my mind. But now I have them and do so like them. The children are enjoying the sticker faces from Stutzman’s.  And the snowballs. They were perfect! So much fun. Thank you!

Pretties for Blog3 

Do I pin starched doilies all over my couch to dry because I’m my mother’s daughter or because I’m Grandma Ruth’s granddaughter, I wonder. I remember mom doing it when I was a girl. It was inconvenient to accidentally sit on.

IMG_1554 

Sunday afternoon. That Rennie boy isn’t even three months old yet. He’s wearing cloths meant for six month old babies and  he’s got a serious crush on his mom. Sometimes he’ll roar until I pick him up. Hannah does so not cut it. Stinker.

Pretties for Blog4

Monday snapshots. Dru took me on a date for my birthday but I didn’t take pictures. How dumb was that. We didn’t really do a lot, but we still enjoyed being together. There is a promise of an area rug for my living room coming to me on Saturday. Can’t wait.

IMG_1564

Meet Bilbo and Brie. They are a birthday gift to me from Hannah. She brought them home yesterday. Bilbo does not like adventures, apparently. In true hobbit style, He is rather scared and shaken up from the adventure from pet shop to home. So on this picture he is clinging to the back of the cage. Brie, the poor darling, gets her name from a very nasty cheese.

Cheese? Yes. Many years ago when Dru and his siblings were young, the family got a cat. Since Daddy (Herb) didn’t like animals, they thought they would name it by something that he liked. The reasoning was that then he would have to like it. So they named the cat “Popcorn.” Because Daddy loves popcorn.

So Brie is named after cheese. Because Dru is NOT an animal person. It’s not like he hates them. It’s actually worse than that. They don’t even exist on his radar. But he does like cheese—and right now our fridge reeks of brie.

So Bilbo and Brie have joined us. They are much happier now than they were last night. They’re getting noisy and exploring their cage.

I once read that every house needs something living in every room—be it pet or plant. I like this. I still have a few more rooms to go.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to squeeze that big little boy baby so much. Thanks for the glimpses, Lisl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lisl, I thought of you on Monday and forgot to tell you. Does Dru snore? I'm reading The Trumpet of the Swan to the girls. Last night I read this, 'People who dislike birds often snore.' I dislike birds and Bruce says I snore. HHHmmm... I love these picture post. Makes your life seem real to me.

    ReplyDelete