Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Few Thoughts From Today...

Havilah has decided to walk. When it's convenient. So about half the time.

Havilah had a live snail in her mouth yesterday. It was very gross. Don't even bother to process this. Jube plays with snails, but has never tried to eat them and I just try to make sure he washes his hands before he eats. Boys will be boys, right? But this morning I told him that today he couldn't play with snails because I don't want Havilah eating them. He was fine with that. Thankfully.

Today I made Jube an aligator out of blue play-dough. "I'm going to go get some people so he can eat!" He said gleefully. He couldn't drop the idea of alligators eating people until later when I told him, "Alligators that eat people are bad. Alligators that eat people have to be killed. So, if your alligator eats people, I'm going to squish him all up and put him back in the container." "Okay," he said. And I heard no more about alligators eating people. Maybe I'm silly, but his intrigue with the gruesome did not impress me. Sure, he's innocent and didn't think it through. I think he probably heard about people eating alligators somewhere or something. Maybe we watched an alligator video on youtube? But I can't handle that kind of thing. I mean, I am seriously upset when human life is not respected, and there is something terrifying about wild beasts... Enough said.

I've been thinking about Thai class today but not sure how I'd practically do it. Need a babysitter. Need someone who can come to my house. Need time. So that's still in the prayer stages. Right now the important thing is getting my man into the school groove. If I can take Thai classes full time when Frank comes, that may have to be good enough. And truly, that much Thai would give me a tremendous boost. 


This is my very good looking husband all ready for school on Tuesday morning, posing with his two very adorable children. I love my family.

So far, so good, with Dru in school. I like this schedule much better for family life. He's happier doing this than he was the past several years developing curriculum. Although he enjoyed that, he became very frustrated sitting behind a desk all day. This is more up his line. Oh, and he has to wear black pants and a white shirt to school every day. So I get to iron...and make sure he's spiffy on his way out the door. So far, this has been fun. 

I realized tonight that I need to be praying more diligently for all my neighbors, but most specifically, Pii Fone and her daughter, Dew. I need to be asking the Father daily, to call them, show them his love, and shine through me. You can join me in praying for them.

Goodnight. Have a good day. (Because most of  you reading this are on the other side of the world.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying this part of your lives. Frances is gearing up nicely to come to Thailand and makes no promises about returning to us right away. I am praying about this. Honestly, the timing and her readiness for life away from home, helping you, is 100% better now than it was a year ago. I wonder why we worked so hard last summer and fall for what was not going to happen for another whole year. God was leading all along, I know that. I am SO glad that He knows the end from the beginning. I trust Him more each year with the plans of our children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisl
    So happy for you that you all are settled back into home life. Wow, if they had to dress up like that here in the states that might help with the education situation. That is a very nice picture and I love Jube's haircut. :) Thanks for updating. I ALWAYS read your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any idea how good it is to see you all in your own house again? (Hope your family in US doesn't kill me) I'm just so ready to walk into your house again too! Miss you!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete