Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Happy Day After All

It did not start out so happy. Almost first thing this morning I washed a blue pen with the white load. It wouldn't have been so bad, but two of Dru's white school shirts were ruined. It doesn't matter whether it was my fault or Dru's; the shirts are dead. We didn't even have a discussion about it. We just bought shirts. Thankfully it was a much faster process this time cause we know what size of F&F shirt he wears at Tesco.

After the shirt buying, we went plant shopping. I chose two pots of moss roses, and then as we strolled from there, I said, "Let's buy a tree." So we did. I was thinking small, and probably a fruit tree. But we spent a little more than that and bought a plumeria. It's a white one. I like all plumerias, but I think I like the classic white one we see the most here in Thailand the best.

I've told Dru a couple times that we needed to buy a tree. With our rose apple tree threatening to die on us, there's less shade. The bees left the old stag that was outside the front door. It was covered with vines and offered more privacy and a bit of shade. But the vines were holding up the tree for the most part. It was leaning precariously towards the house. Dru pretty much pushed it over. Then we trimmed back the vines--they can crawl along the fence for privacy. The plumeria was planted close to where the old dead tree came down--only not quite so close to the fence. I don't want it to be overtaken by the vine.

Actually, it's a pretty vine with this flower on it. I picked most of the flowers and put them in a vase on my table where they promptly wilted. But I think maybe they're going to pick their heads up after all. They are extremely sweetly fragrant as well.

I made pasta for supper and dug out the parmesan cheese I brought from the States.  I'd been hiding from Dru. I was going to save it, but I decided it would be wisest to enjoy it before the humidity makes it yucky. He was very pleasantly surprised when Jube brought it out to the table because he'd just been thinking that parmesan cheese would be good with this supper.

I did dishes and did dishes and did dishes for about 40 minutes while Dru babysat and bathed babies. Now it's bed time and we're winding down. Btw, Havilah is learning to go to sleep all by herself at night without fussing, and is finally, for the first time in her life, starting to sleep all night.

Oh, and speaking of Havilah, I left her out in the sun too long. She burned. I put A&D ointment on her and hope she feels okay. She seemed to like it when I put it on. Dumb mom. She goes all over the yard, through the grass that Jube always thought was pokey and uncomfortable at her age. Her legs are all bit up, but it doesn't seem to bother her. Precious little girl.

Oh, and more on Havilah. Michael and Lia are back from the States and we saw them on Thursday. Lia always reminds me of how pretty my baby girl is. Ever since Havilah was tiny, Lia would tell me that my baby was pretty. She told me that, now, Havilah is even more beautiful than before. I always am thankful to her for reminding me. Yes, I do have a beautiful little girl. I forget to think about it in the business of life. Thanks, Lia. May your baby girl be as sweet, precious, and beautiful as mine.

My blog is turning into an online journal of sorts. I know my mom will enjoy it, and I hope the rest of you do too. It's sadly lacking in pictures, but I will try to get some pictures up soon. Please bear with me. Shall I start telling you at the beginning of each blog whether or not it contains something of general interest?

5 comments:

  1. I love hearing of your days. Keep up the good work. We are interested. From my side of the world the big project right now is geting our little shed ready to sell in. Dad and Ross have it close to done. It is going to be nice to have a little place to have it, rather then in our house as we are doing now. And then we are getting ready to go to the Creation Museum for my folks 50th anniversary. Have a blessed day or night I guess it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lisl, Everybody will enjoy your journaling here. So keep it up. You are more related to my mom than to your mom with all this tree, lawn, and flowers going on. I'm so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time Shilah and you sunbathed down in the creek crossing toooo long. you came out of it easier than Shilah. We all do with out thinking at times but we learn from this. Lisl, I call Toria 'Lisl' real often. So subconsciencely Toria must resemble you. Both are dear to my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear what's happening on your side of the globe. Seeing and hearing about your garden and lawn projects makes me want to come visit even more!

    ReplyDelete