Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Journal Entry

This morning I had a really good time of visiting and prayer with Becky. Good friends pray for us in ways that we don't have faith or courage enough to pray for ourselves.

Yesterday when I was talking to Mae Wahn she told me she'd even wash my underwear for me--out of the blue. I decided I'd let her. (Here in Thailand it's not proper to take your underwear to be washed, you do it yourself.) That was one less thing to have to worry about today.

I told Dru that Kathy and Sarah had called about coming over. He didn't seem overly excited about it and finally on his way out the door I asked him what was wrong. "I just don't think you have as much work to do as you think," he said. I wondered what new marriage lesson this was until I went upstairs and discovered that he'd done my whole stack of dishes.  He really didn't care that Kathy and Sarah were coming, he was just being mysterious for my benefit. 

When Kathy called and said they'd have time to come over this morning, I had to think, "Wow, God is taking care of me today!"  I'd been kind of wondering about being able to catch up with house work; company Wednesday night created a deadline.  So Kathy and Sarah came and gave me an hour and a half or two of their time.

God is good!  I feel so blessed!  Thank-you God, for caring!

End of entry.

That was all written and then my man walked in the door with supper.  "Will I ever grow out of my childish liking for McDonalds?" I asked, chowing down a Big Mac.  "I never did," he said.  So in the end, although I have so many friends who love me and take care of me, I'm most of all thankful for my man.  Thankful because he knows how to spoil me best, and he loves me most.

No comments:

Post a Comment