Monday, May 25, 2009

Church

        These are just some snatches of church life. It has been interesting adjusting to a new way of doing church, but it's been good for me to stretch too--I think. The language barrier seems huge sometimes, but it's been exciting to be able to understand a little bit more. I want to be able to bond with the women better and as of yet, am still praying about how to do this in spite of the barrier. I want to invest in their lives.
                     Dru preached this Sunday, so there was no need for Pii Ang to translate.
          The children usually sit in the back until they tire of the service and run out to play, or sit by their parents or other friends or relatives. During praise and worship, they're often at the front of the church dancing and doing motions. Mae Phan is with them here, she would be Pastor Kiat's wife. She's one of those elegant, poised ladies who makes you think of a queen.
                        Last of all, me talking to Pii Oi. Oi is a jolly girl whom I love dearly.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. You deserve a comment for all these good posts! Nice pics and news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the best thing is that you put a picture of you on! You're starting to look nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Lisl,
    Such nice posting!!! Very tastefully done, and I love seeing that you're connecting with your friends in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures.... and you're looking as adorable as ever. I'm so excited about your baby, Lisl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lisl,
    When are you going to post again?

    ReplyDelete