Monday, May 25, 2009

Mangos

Now these are mangoes! I told Dru to buy lots of mangoes. He came home with these three fat ones and some others that were on sale and fit only for shakes. These are some of the fattest, most beautiful ones I've ever seen. It's lychee in the background.
ไม่ค่อยชอบ (Mai koi chop)--I don't really like.


Lovely! We are blessed with a variety of fruit here, not that we care for all of it; but it's fun to have and learn about. I was studying with Mae Wahn today and as we were reading the Thai words for fruit, I told her which ones grew in America. It occurred to me that not many of them did grow in America, not, at least, where I come from. But they don't grow apples here, they import them from China. We laughed the other day when we found oranges imported from Florida. Apparently some farongs prefer the bigger oranger oranges from the States.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment