Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

There that was cheery enough. Now I will proceed to tell you that on this particular Christmas Eve Day, we're feeling kinda Grinch-like. Being sick at Christmas time is not the thing to be. Dru woke up feeling worse than he wanted to admit, I think. Right now he's laying on the bean bag. Jube is whiny, snotty, and emotionally unstable all around. So I feel a little un-Christmassy today.

But, I'm going to put the whole family down for official nap time--except for me. Then I'm going to turn on some music and tidy my house and have some quiet time and fold the laundry and wash a small load of laundry and be happy that I'm so rich with a good man and an awesome God and two nice children. I'm going to finish making the cookies and then make a nice soup and biscuits for supper. And then we are going to have a nice little family Christmas gift exchange tonight.

And tomorrow we may or may not have a Christmas party here, depending on how everyone feels around here. Maybe we'll get snowed in and won't have one because no one can make it on the roads. Wait, I'm in Thailand. Scratch that.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Hmph, looks like we'd better "scratch that" for here, too. We did get a new frosting inch of snow today that came down in a manner most perfect for Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here either... unless you count the few flakes that happened to not have melted. I hope you have a very merry christmas...

    ReplyDelete