Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I found it!


For months I've wondered where it was and for months I've had to say, "It's okay, I can just bend down further." It was one of those things I had to just give to the Lord and hope He would show me where it was one day. So yes, I prayed about my vacuum hose extension.

I knew it was probably outside somewhere. Last I knew Jube and Dew had been banging on the big square water tank with it--making dreadful noises. Then it disappeared. I searched high and low. I was hoping that when we cleaned out that flower bed, we'd find it among the weeds. No luck.

Then this morning Jube and I were vacuuming and Jube had the sweeper hose (what was left of it) outside the front door. I told him to take it back inside lest he lost that part of it too. Then the thought struck me "I wonder if it's outside in one of the pipes or fallen down one of the holes by the old water tower". So I went out to investigate for the umpteenth time. And behold!! It was there, stuck inside of a bigger pipe. I was very joyful indeed.

And as I was thankful and happy to the very extent of being giddy, I had to think of the widow lady that Jesus told about, the one who had last her coin and when she found it she threw a party to celebrate. I understand that better now. And this is my form of throwing a party and telling my friends to come and rejoice with me.

I just now thought further about this story and remembered that really this story was about the kingdom of heaven...and the the finding of a lost soul. I need to think more about that. I need to ponder about how joyful Jesus is when a soul repents. I need to think about His love and what that means to me.

What do other women pray for? I know my mom prayed for these sorts of things too. What are your stories?

6 comments:

  1. Can't believe you're not getting any comments here Lisl. Wait for over the weekend before posting again, See if anything comes in.
    I can always pray more than I do, I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well tonight the "little" thing I'm praying about is finding my small bottle of Children's Tylenol. I have a larger one, but the smaller one is what I like to use at night because it's easier to dose with. Not to mention that it's the one I take in my purse with me. I made a quick search through the house, but I guess Benny hid it more thoroughly then that. I do hope he didn't throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoicing! :)

    My current prayer that got answer is that Kevin might be coming to spend Christmas with me AFTERALL!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clark found the Tylenol mixed in with some clothes in the bedroom somewhere. Yay! Now on to pray about some "bigger" things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray often for the little everyday things, when we lose my keys, phone, we are late...or just to protect us on the way. Thanks for the reminder to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete