Monday, May 30, 2011

Through the Open Door...

Last Saturday when we were up resting in the A/C, the door downstairs was left hanging wide open. Not really a good idea in this neighborhood we're told. But then, people who close up their hearts and homes for fear of the outside world miss out on blessings too. Right?

When we came down a while later, I noticed a huge bag of Makro groceries right inside that open door. Someone had anonymously left it there and we don't know who it is. Obviously farangs. But who? And why?

I had to ask myself if my last blog sounded like we needed money...hmm... I meant to just say, it was a full month with lots of expenses but months like that happen and such is life. Everyone has months like that, right?

But anyway, I decided it didn't matter. We were very thankful for that bag of groceries. It was a blessing. It was fun. And it was wonderfully practical. All stuff I will very easily use. Dru and I were very impressed at how practical everything was. And every little bit does help on a month like the one we just had. (You all know how that is.)

So thank you--whoever you are. God bless you much. Very very much.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that we are so sensitive to admitting that we in a place where a box of groceries out of the blue was actually needed and appreciated? Maybe it is because we don't want to complain or to have our providers look inept? That is probably what keeps me quiet at times. Maybe if we all had to live within our actual means (not using credit) there would be a better understanding of real need and a real God who can meet those needs. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete