Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Somebody should blog. I always want to, get started, then get frustrated because pictures won't upload. (People comment more if you upload pictures you know.) Anyway, here goes a shortish, photoless blog.

Rachel says that rainy season is here. I'm inclined to believe her by now I guess. I keep waiting for hot season to happen but it doesn't. It's pretty muggy, but not overly hot for those of us who remember last year's very hot April but especially May. All it does is rains every 24 hours or so and is muggy when it's not raining. The evenings are relatively cool. We are still using the A/C for naps and nights because it takes the humidity out of the air. Have I mentioned before how thankful I am for this new A/C unit? Well, I am.

We're out of water. Except for what we buy to drink and collect from the rain. So today I am commiserating with Rachel who at least was just out of water. Usually when this happens it means a pipe blew in neighborhood and they have to dig it up and fix it. I should have done a few dishes yesterday morning when it was still trickling but I didn't. I'm not very excited about using the water we collected last night either because it has dead rain bugs (that's what I call them because they come out in the rain) in it and Jube is splashing in something right now and I assume putting dirt in it too. His pamper is probably weighed down with water. He has no shirt on. Etc. But he's happy. The water he is further contaminating was only good for flushing toilets anyway. But Dru says he's feeling subhuman. Me too. A shower would be nice. Thankfully, I had a bunch of laundry done.

I'm also puzzled this morning as to why everything in the freezer melted and began to refreeze last night. This morning the ice cubes were still not quite "set" but were all in one clump. The ice cream is squishy. I don't know that the electric went out last night. Did we leave the door open? I don't understand. I think I'd know if the electric went out because the A/C would have turned off and then I would have been uncomfortable and woke up.

I did have a strange dream about light coming from odd places and someone opening our bedroom door a crack and then shutting it and Dru trying to figure out what to do. Very odd. And I couldn't see straight-everything was at odd angles... And it was one of those dreams where in my dream I woke up and told someone about my dream but then I woke up for real and realized I still hadn't actually be awake. But none of that explains the freezer having melted things in it.

We had a nice weekend last weekend. Mae Wahn was here and informed me that my kha needed transplanting so that I could watch Jube play out the window better. Then she set forth to do the job. And I don't know how she did it in just 30 min. but she did. We did have to finish up later that day, but she had it pretty much tackled. And the church people were very happy for all the gobs of kha that we brought them. Thai people use the root in their food and it's a bit expensive to buy. I had lots of it but it mostly all got taken. They didn't care for the flower bulbs with it though. Pii Phone had planted the kha 20 years ago and it hadn't been thinned since then I don't think. So that project is done. Except I want to put the flower bulbs in that flower bed that won't grow anything just to see if will after all.

Sunday was a farewell thingy for some of the English teachers that worked at IGo. Dru and I went until I realized I felt very lost and small and unsure of myself in all the noise and crowd. And we need to buy milk for Jube. (His all important night time bottle.) Anyway, I realized that I'm a bit like my dad when it comes to crowds. All the sudden I needed out of there. Sometimes I still don't know where I belong over here. Am I Thai or not or what or what and stuff? But I think I shall always feel lost in a crowd--sigh. Oh, but it was a nice party and Dru and I got to know the Strubhar (how do I spell that) family a bit. They're here as students and for one of their ministry trips they'll be helping us out...right over baby time. :) Not sure what that will look like in practicality but hopefully they can lighten the teaching load for Dru a bit so he's more available.

And Monday I had lots of get-up-and-go so I went. I went until I shouldn't have. And then the IGo students and the CMCC staff came to work on English Curriculum and I went until I couldn't. But it was so fun. I was afraid I'd be sick the next day. But I wasn't, only slightly tired. And today it's probably a good thing that I don't have water or I might work to hard again.
Anyway, I do need to go see what things I can make look a bit better around here even without water. See you all later.

3 comments:

  1. I miss the pictures too, but I like the news as much as ever. I'm glad you have Mae Wahn to keep your life organized. She's a good mom. Why not save the rain water? Can't you strain it and boil it or add some bleach and clean? Or is your very rain water full of smog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice newsy post. And I hope your water is back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your faithfulness in posting! I just now caught up with all the post from "Prayer Request" to the most recent one. I decided to comment on this one because you didn't think it would get as many comments. :) Emily Lapp was here yesterday, and I think she'll be back on Mon. for a bit anyway, her sister Bonita is here as a Thrifty at my new store. Also Ashley Mast came just recently as a Nanny! Now I have another person that knows you to talk about you with. :) I liked Emily a lot in the short time I was able to spend with her. I gave Ashley your blog address, I hope you don't mind. It's fun to hear about Jube's abbreviated Thai. :) Love to all and I hope you all continue to feel relatively well.

    ReplyDelete