Friday, February 4, 2011

Three Stories



These three right here. I had originally bought these books for my Thai study because they have both the Thai and English. But Jube has discovered them. So I'm reading them over and over. We have 9 of the 15 of them but I want to get them all and I hope there are more than that yet. They follow the Bible very closely and the I love the illustrations. Published by the Thailand Bible Society.

Anyway, Jube loves them and I read them over and over. And tonight something dawned on me. God loves to forgive! It's not that He's
obligated to. Forgiveness was his idea. Look at the last page of each one of the above stories:




This is the Prodigal Son. Only it's his older brother and his Dad talking about the party in the house.



This is Zacheaus and what Jesus had to say to him at the end of the story.


And this is Jesus taking to Peter about the story He just told about the unforgiving servant. This is the story about when Peter asked if seven times was enough to forgive. (Peter is always bald in these stories, I shall forever now think of him as bald, perhaps.) It seems his reply was a lot for Peter to swallow.

Anyway, that was my inspiration for the day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness is God's idea, and people think they're being magnanimous to give it. Aren't we silly?

    ReplyDelete