Friday, September 3, 2010

A Quiet Note From Thailand...

We're home. After two long months in the USA and a long flight back, we're home. And it's quiet. Just roosters, birds, the neighbors on their quiet morning walks, and a vehicle once in a great while going by. My yard is all green. My rose bush decided to turn into a vine and start growing on the fence. Which would be fine but now it's not blooming. I think it popped out below the graft. I'm going to extricate my potted plants and put them in the dirt I think. I'm going to plant the flower seeds from my mom too.

Last night neither of my men could stay awake past 7:00. I had taken a nap but Dru hadn't. So they went to sleep. We turned the light out at 7:30 when I gave up on keeping them awake. Jube seems to be the only one with jet lag around here. Dru was awake with him for a half hour last night and managed to get him to go back to sleep for a while. I woke up around 4:30 this morning because Jube did and he's still playing. It's nearly 7:30. He's blinking slowly, so will take a nap here in a bit. Dru slept 'til 6:00. I woke him up because I was hungry and there wasn't any breakfast in the house.

My dear man emptied all the suitcases yesterday while I napped. Now I just have odds and ends to put away today. And there's laundry to do, but not much. I tried to have most of it done up at Mom's. So glad I did. I'm having a hard time operating today.

Jube is crawling around in only a diaper today. When we got in it was hot and humid. They say it was quite cool until a day or so ago. It hasn't rained so it's warming up again.

Now I'm dreaming about how to make this house more homey. It needs some wall hangings and some cushions. It was nice to go back to my Mom's house for inspiration. This poor house seemed rather bare when we got in yesterday. It needs some homeyization.

I'll blog pictures about the trip and stuff later. I don't even have pictures on this computer right now. It will come in stitches and snatches I'm afraid. The idea of blogging two months at one sitting is rather overwhelming.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisl, I was bummed that I missed you when you where here at church for your update on your mission there. We had sick girls! :( Hope you can all settle in and enjoy you life. Blessings to you, VaLita

    ReplyDelete
  2. homeyization, not a word but i like it :)

    ReplyDelete