Saturday, March 4, 2017

I keep thinking that I really need to either get at and blog, or decide I'm done blogging. I can't actually bring myself to quitting...so it sits here in silence, feeling alone and abandoned. The truth is, I'm not sure where to start. So much has changed. I don't even know where to begin. Here's what's taken place in the last sixish months or so.

-Melinda and Austin and Lexi came to see us in Thailand. All told, we spent nearly two weeks with them. Other than that nasty sickness Lexi had, it was a lovely time.

-My folks came to see us in Thailand. They'd bought their tickets for a very cheap price and came for about two weeks. It was a stressful, yet happy time. I was mostly a mess the whole time they were there because we were moving out. But it was so nice to finally have them see our world abroad. 

-What belongings we didn't sell were put into storage and we flew home, not knowing for how long but discovering that it would be longer than originally anticipated. That's a story I may or may not share here one day. 

-Dru was ordained into the ministry at our home church here. 

-Dru went on a trip to Thailand for a wedding is very nearly home again and we can't wait. So thankful that his trip was a good, bittersweet time. He's telling me that he's still feeling that we are where we need to be and that the hard decisions we had to make, still feel like the right ones to have made. This is good. So good!

Are we going back? Yes! One day we plan to. Do we know when? Hah! You know, I'm about done trying to make estimations about what God's timing might be in our lives. It never holds true. 

Why did we leave? Because of the direction we're wanting to head in Thailand, we are needing to change from one mission organization to another for purpose of team and support. We have the blessing of both of missions organizations for doing this and are thankful. The steps here are somewhat on hold as we don't know exactly when we will be returning to Thailand, but all the the ground work has been laid for this, 

I suppose that's a rather oversimplified version of our lives in the recent past. Honestly, some of it's been pretty hard. I'm at a place right now where I ask myself how much of what's going on in my heart do I really want to put on my blog? I find myself just wanting to sink into oblivion and just kind of find a quiet normal out of any spot lights or expectations. I'm not sure that that is bad or even unhealthy. 

My energies right now are going to go towards getting to know my church people support my man in his new role. It was no shocker to anyone that he was chosen for ordination. Least of all to me. I guess you might say I knew what I was getting into when I married that man. I try to tell myself that I'm used to my man being in ministry. Realistically I know that many aspects of this are going to be new and hard at spots. 

Actually I just might have just fibbed. My energies actually go to my children every day all day and night. I've been lazy today and yesterday, doing very little due to a full schedule before and not feeling well. The children  have mostly played happily all morning. If I go get to work they will get fussy and ornery.  That's just how it works. And lately my time management has been just terrible. Maybe having my hubby home and having to find a schedule will fix that. Maybe getting the cold out of my head will. Whatever the case, I will have to claw myself out of this slump soon. I'd be more concerned about it but so far today and yesterday, it's been a happy slump.

Tell me again why I let Jube pound nails in the kitchen? Anyway, the nail went into the board and he's happy, so I'll let it go until the two year old (who is trying out this whole "terrible" thing) needs to go down for his nap. I'm going to go comb my hair, change a pamper, and make lunch. You all have a nice day.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy hearing about your life. My vote is you need to keep blogging as you are one of those people who can write so honestly and in a way people can relate to. Blessings to you in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good hearing from you, Lisl! Miss you around here!

    ReplyDelete