Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On a Rainy Morning

The children and Frank are still sleeping. The rain is falling, is falling, is falling, as rainy season rains itself out by hours at a time. I worry my precious pumpkins will blight and mold with all of this rain. But it really doesn’t matter about my pumpkins now does it, in the light of eternity.

My washing machine was fixed and I got it back last evening. Lovely to have my clothes wrung out properly. Today’s agenda included mostly laundry but I’m loath to get started until the rain stops. Drying laundry, even if I am doing it inside with a fan on the wrack, is a near fruitless endeavor.

Yes, it is lovely to have Francis (a.k.a., Frank) here. It’s hard to believe it’s been over a week already since she arrived. So far we’ve done nothing exciting with her other than get stuck in the rain on our first Sunday to church because our car doesn’t like rain and has a tendency to get fussy when we take it out in the rain. But we forget about this quirk it has until we’re stuck in the rain…so it hasn’t gotten fixed. So Francis missed church the first Sunday all because of a car.

And here we are still struggling to pin down a Thai teacher. One teacher we really liked is a bit pricey and transportation is an issue. Dru was able to make contact with another teacher we were recommended (she wouldn’t answer her phone) only to have her say that she was really busy but has a friend who’d like to start teaching and are we interested? So that’s where we are this morning. Do I want to have a teacher who’s never taught Thai before as my teacher? The lack of experience on her part has its pros and cons. There is some advantage to having a teacher to whom I can bring my agenda and say, “This is what I want to learn this month,” rather than have her decide what we learn. This does require more work on my part, but done properly, it could be the most effective way of learning. But, do I even know what I need to learn? Sigh. So glad for Dru helping me through all of this.

Today we also need to go pick up Dru’s now repaired bicycle. Then Frank and I can ride around the neighborhood. She says she’s going to go on bike rides and that she’s not scared of dogs.

It’s time for me to go make breaky. Jube just came an asked for a muffin. Muffins are his preferred form of breakfast. So I shall go make some breakfast. And I don’t have anything else to say anyway. Life is just really normal around here…

1 comment: