Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Man

 

Lately I’ve been reminded of how amazing my man is. Thankful that he’s big enough, by the grace of God, to do the hard stuff he has to do right now. I’m proud of him for being kind, even when it would be easy not to be. I’m proud of him for being always gentle. I’m so thankful that he never gets angry. He’s brave and strong. He’s mine.

I still don’t know why God put us together. I only know tD n' L Photography-0161hat it was without a doubt in my mind God’s purpose and plan for my life to be married to him. And at times like these, where I see him handle the load on his shoulders with such wisdom and gentleness, that I realize how blessed I am. I only hope and pray that I can be the woman God meant for me to be in his life.

We’ve updated his wardrobe lately. He was running out of clothes that a man of his station could wear respectably. I’ve been trying to make sure that when he walks out of the house, his clothes are ironed and clean and his hair is combed.

So tonight before he took us all to the mall, I ironed his shirt and combed his rather bushy hair. I thought he was rather good looking. He sat at a coffee shop to work so that Jessica and I could go shopping. After about an hour and a half, he took Jube and had some Daddy-son time so that us girls could shop more peacefully. Then the dear man took me to one of my favorite places to eat, The Pizza Company.

We were waiting for our order to come when he asked me, “Lisl, would you say that I’m a good looking man?”

“Yes.”

“Would you say that I’m an exceptionally good looking man?” he asked as he fished around in his pocket.

“Yes,” again. He handed me a receipt with a phone number written across the back of it. The hand writing was quite bold.

“The waitress at the coffee shop handed this to me. Another costumer asked her to deliver it for her.”

I ripped the number up and it remained on the plate with my dirty napkin when we left Pizza Company. Needless to say, Dru will not be making contact with that woman.

This world is a messed up place. My man has enough to worry about already without women like this, dumb adds, bad billboards, surprise junk on the internet, etc.

Perhaps there should be something in me that says, “Ah ha! I knew my man was a keeper!” But really, this irritates me. The nerve! If a woman ever threatens my relationship with my man for real, I pity her. I will fight tooth and nail to keep the man that God has for me. I will do everything within my power, everything short of not being Christian (and some might say I might even push that), to keep him. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. He’s mine.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That's sickening. I'm glad we have men we can trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lisl! You'll keep him, too, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're cute. Give me a call: 087-661-5126.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Arla! Go Lisl! Oh, and by the way, Dru's got a pretty amazing sweet wife that I like lots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I hope she was embarrassed when she saw he was married!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisl!
    Sick on the couch today and web-surfing. Found your blog via your auntie Amy, who I love.

    I wish I could read more. I love what you have to say. Sweet Lisl of the freckles and dreams has grown up. And you're in Thailand,right?

    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete