Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Hot In This Country!

When I get big I'm going to be a wonder woman. Like I'm going to scrapbook. And clean my house. And do laundry. And paint. And make three meals. All in one day. Right now what I really want to do is go take a nap. Wonder women don't take naps do they? Sigh.

Okay, so today I was going to run around with my man than come home and get the rest of the laundry washed, dried, ironed, folded and put away. I was supposed to go to a meeting with Dru right now. I'm hosting a party at my house this afternoon. Dru's buying food for that. After the party, there's prayer meeting--but to be honest, I wasn't planning on going to that. (Actually there is prayer meeting every night for the next ten nights in a row.)

But my day isn't happening like that at all. I did run around with my man this morning, but the car caused problems on the way home so I was out in the heat and by the time we finally made it home, I needed to get my baby to sleep. Dru's at the meeting himself. I haven't started my laundry. I simply can't bear the thought of leaving this A/C. So I'll try to get Dru's pants on the line before I go to bed tonight. I'm not thinking about the party. It's after 2:30 pm and really I'm not sure when the party's starting. Five maybe? My house will be as it is pretty much.

It's been around 100 F out there the last little while. No, long while; about a week and a half or so. Even the Thai people find it only just bearable. I've noticed this year that right now everyone is praying for good health. The weather wears on the health and people get sick. Dru's been fighting it. It affects him worse than me--maybe because I'm lazy and refuse to push myself.

You know, I don't feel very well right now. I think I shall go take a nap. I wonder what condition Dru will be in when he gets back. 

About being a wonder woman again. Somehow, either I have to learn how to be more self disciplined, or I'm going to have be content with where I'm at now with life. It's not like things are actually falling down around my ears. I'm keeping up. Rolling with the punches. But I have projects all over that need doing. When the rains start...then I'll be a wonder woman. Right now, I'm going to go take a nap.

I guess all of that sounded rather whiny. Funny, that's another thing about this heat. All of the women I've talked to about it agree with me that they struggle with keeping a good attitude in this season. Makes you snappy and grouchy. Through prayer and reading my Bible, having a good man, and simply deciding to be happy--I'm okay. I really do have many, many amazing blessings. My next post will be about some blessings.

4 comments:

  1. But I for one am of the opinion that Mrs. Lattin is THE Wonder Woman. After all, she agreed to go to a meeting this morning, get stuck in the 105 F heat for 45 minutes when her husband’s car died, host a party, take care of a whiny baby….and tomorrow she’ll do all of it again! (At least some of it…) I think she’s pretty amazing really. As a matter of fact, I’m going to go kiss her just to prove it.

    A secret admirer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least I'm not the only one then! This a is a subject I've been wondering about, and I don't even have to excuse if it being hot! I find since I'm pregnant that I must move slower or something. I don't feel like I'm slowing down, but it takes me forever to get something done, and I can't finish as many projects in a day as I used to be able to. I supposed I should be more self-disciplined and just "stick at it 'til it's done".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... this must be some sort of disease. I have been wondering the same thing. How to keep the house tidy, the dishes done, cook at least one meal a day, laundry, keep the baby and husband happy. Besides all that, there are the extra projects, like getting some dresses sewed.. Does God expect me to do all of this 100% every day? I try not to feel guilty if the dishes aren't done or the laundry isn't folded before I go to bed, but I don't want my life to fall down around my ears either... where is the balance?
    And while you're thinking about it... what about Sunday's with church morning and evening and being or having company at dinner and then going somewhere after church too. Is that crazy? Which important thing do you skip out on? Is it more important to have a nap, go to church or be hospitable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! I feel the same way so often, and start to think that everyone ELSE in the world is well on the way to being wonder woman and I'm still me... it becomes rather overwhelming rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete