Friday, April 2, 2010

New House

In one week I hope to be out of this little apartment to my big rambling house on the other side of town. How I love that house! I can't wait until it's all painted. Pictures later, but not today.

We went over there this morning with good intentions to just clean, hoping the dirt would come off the walls. We soon discovered that that was was a crazy idea and the whole house is going to need painting. So Dru went to buy paint. I was at a loss as to what colors to tell him to buy because I hadn't had time to think or dream over it. But I think that we'll get it all figured out and it shall be beautiful when it's done.

Now for the confession. I strongly dislike painting. Strongly. It's hard dirty work, and in this country it's HOT. I thought I was going to be able to handle the heat, and I can, much better than I did a year ago, but even so, I was ready to take a nap by noon or so. Oh, and I woke up very unsure of the condition of my stomach this morning. It was in knots all night long and overall, my digestive system has been giving me problems the last couple weeks. Perhaps because I've begun to eat more Thai food lately. Anyway, that didn't get me off to a good start.

And now, do you know what I'm going to do tomorrow? I'm going to skip out on painting and go buy furniture--without my man! Those of you who know anything about how Dru and I operate know that that's pretty major. I'm a little scared about it but now you really understand how I dislike painting. Pii Ang and Pastor Kiat are going to go buy furniture in a town an hour away and I'm going to go with them if everything works out. Mostly I need kitchen cabinets and a bed. I already have a huge beautiful wooden table with eight huge beautiful chairs that have beautiful flowers engraved--along with living room furniture a plenty with engraving to match. They came with the house.

So if, in your prayers, you could think of me buying furniture and then trying to keep my sanity and my health as we finish painting and then pack up and move over, I would be grateful. I'm so so so thankful to God for the home that He's given us. I wonder if a lot of people we praying for me, that I would get my house with a yard, because I have plenty of house and plenty of yard. If God can do that for me, than He can also keep me sane and happy for the home stretch.

Thanks to Lee and Joyce, Arlin and Kayla, Nomes, Rosa, Heidi, Pii Ang, Bet and his friend whose name I don't remember because I didn't say it over five times after I heard it, Simon, and Mae Wahn. Who did I miss? Well, thanks to you to, whoever you are. Thanks so much for your help.

Here's pictures of the house that Dru took the other day: http://picasaweb.google.com/druseth/NewHouse#

PS If I ever wished my mom could be here, it's now.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! It is a big house! So happy for you! (Really makes me wish to come visit you! ;) ) Praying all goings well with moving and everything! love ya, KL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! how are you? all settled into your house yet?

    ReplyDelete