Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baby Question

Have any of you ever had a baby who didn't like to take naps? Jube will sleep for a half hour at a time, but wake up and spend a lot of time being fussy. Today was a bad day for it. Can't blame it on what I'm eating 'cause I watched that pretty close in the last 24 hours. Is this a discipline issue? On the days that he will sleep well he is ever so much sweeter! But those days only come once or twice a week. Ideas? I'm learning to work around it's not like he's constantly crying--but sometimes he is just plain grouchy and will not go to sleep easily.

3 comments:

  1. Is he teething??? That maybe one reason he's not sleeping as well. I think that is my baby's problem right now... Not a fun thing to go thru. His naps are short and he is grumpier during the day. So I try to make him nap a little more often, and give him some tylenol if all else fails, or if I really want him to take a good long nap, cause we are going to be going away or something. Hope you find some answers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm no one has any advice for Lisl! sorry! My only thought is that it's NOT a discipline issue! Someone did tell me though that there baby would only sleep in 1/2 hour spots and they took care of it by making the baby stay in the crib for whatever alloted time was to be used for naps...so if he cried he had to just cry....She said it was tough that first week but then it fixed it. I guess she had heard/read about how sleep patterns work and how after a 1/2 hr they wake a little and then go into a deep real sleep...
    So whatever that's worth to you!!!! I know it seems true in my childrens cases but far be it from me to tell someone else how there child works!!! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hold him and love him. Those "days" are gone in a flash. Take it from me.
    The Marmee :)

    ReplyDelete