Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Day With My Men

It started at Wawee. Dru went for his Bible study with Ja-ja and dropped Jube and I off there. I hadn’t been to Wawee since Jube was born. Jube was over all happy but got a bit noisy so I was outside most of the time. He was adored by the man who served me my coffee, the cleaning ladies, who admired him from outside looking in until I went outside and one of them came up and talked to him, and the guard. This is my Caramello coffee.

IMG_1036

And here are my two lovely men.  Jube was a very good baby for the day. I think he likes the great outdoors.

IMG_1042                IMG_1093

Up through the tree tops.

IMG_1047 

Dru went to take a picture of the pink pringles on the blue denim and an ant came to visit.  What could be more picnicy than that?

IMG_1058

Across the lake.

IMG_1084

Eventually we moved to the other side of the lake and took advantage of their little huts, set up for relaxation.

People walk by and try to sell you food and things—and talk to the baby.

IMG_1273               IMG_1272

        This would be my good looking man.

IMG_1267

More ants. A little gross but intriguing nonetheless.

IMG_1262

Me and my sleeping baby.  He slept for quite a while.

 IMG_1226         IMG_1224

My men.

IMG_1251

Journaling. Dru even journaled some. Like, by hand, with pen and notebook!

 IMG_1163IMG_1175

What it looked like laying on our backs in the hut.

IMG_1164

The whole row of huts.

IMG_1202

Children playing in the water. I tried, but it was too muddy for this snooty farang.

IMG_1179    IMG_1159

My dear man took me to the Pizza Company afterwards. Our usual English speaking waitress seated us. Then she took the baby and handed him over the the shyer waitresses. He is quite the charmer!

IMG_1276       IMG_1279 IMG_1277   IMG_1280

There was some for scrabble tournament or something going on. It seemed like every spare inch had tables with scrabble games on it.  Hundreds of them literally.

IMG_1285    IMG_1284

And then I came home and put my baby to bed and got my house ready for Sunday.

It was a lovely day.

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting collection of pictures. An entirely different view of your life in Chiang Mai than we have been seeing the last couple weeks. I didn't see any temples, dragons, dripping and messy spirit houses, nor yet any ugly imagines with beautiful people bowing before them. What a breath of fresh air!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny says he's so fat "it just makes you want to pinch him." I really like the names in the opening paragraph. They really roll off of your tongue nicely. Wawee, Ja-ja, and Jube. Did your son come up with those? ~GB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm! I'd be into a picnic on a warm day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the children came running to the computer to see the new pictures of Jube. :) They also really liked the pic of the coffee, they couldn't believe that the decoration could stay on top of the liquid. :) Thanks for posting again, I really enjoy reading it, and seeing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like the perfect, wonderful day! love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete