Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pictures

Most of these pictures refer to my last post. So if you’re curious, go back and read. This is the truck piled high with vines and tree trunk after we took it down. We are more thankful for this little truck. We knew having a bed on our vehicle would be handy, but we didn’t know how handy. It’s become a necessity.

IMG_3757

Sunday afternoon picnic on Mom and Dad’s bed. We had talked about going up the mountain and having lunch, but we copped ouet. I was worried Jube would protest the change of plans but he was very tickled about setting up a picnic on Mom and Dad’s bed. We threw together a pizza and it turned out very yummy.

IMG_3758

Below, our planted pumeria tethered to an old stump until it gets better established. You can also see the vines climbing on the fence in the back. they’ll climb all the way over to the rose bush in the tire very rapidly. The rose bush is pretty sad looking right now. It was rather neglected while we were in the states and I chopped it way down yesterday.

IMG_3761

Flowers on the plumeria tree.

IMG_3762

The moss roses. I’ve always liked moss roses. I remember once Grandma Graber took me to see Aunt Pearl and she had beautiful moss roses along the side of her trailer. That may have been the beginning of my love for them. Dru told me today that he’s still trying to decide if he especially likes them.

IMG_3763 IMG_3764

And below is my center piece with all my seeds (in the ugly pots on the cardboard) trying to turn into plants in the background. That green thing is the mango off of my tiny little tree. I brought it inside to ripen. It hung low enough to the ground I was a little worried about critters, and just plain bugs, getting it before I did.

IMG_3765

Home Sweet Home. I found this shopping with Melinda at a gift shop in Indiana. I was so homesick for my house in Thailand that I bought it and brought it home. The bird is from Bargain Bills in Rice Lake.

IMG_3766 

Have a happy day.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! What fun to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benny wouldn't let me get past the picture of the picnic. He recognized Jube and Halla. I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your posts and I like your centerpiece. JMB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy hearing about your life...'on the other side of the world' too! Missed it while you were here in the states! Blessings to you and your family serving there! ~Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisl Sid, I think I'm able to comment on here finally. Just wanted to say hey and that I wish we could've seen you here this time. You seem glad to be home. Shilah

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely home. Seeing bits and pieces of our "home" there, the home-sweet-home sign, the moss roses, and the bird... Not sure why, but it makes me realize how far, and yet still close, you guys are.
    And Jube's hair! Goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete